Tuesday, February 15, 2011

#6. Make Homemade Gifts for a Year


For this goal, I defined it by saying I will make a homemade gift for each member of our immediate family at least once during the year, either for birthdays or Christmas.  Yesterday was my cute sister-in-law's birthday.  I decided to make her this little coin purse/mini wallet.


 I had a lot of fun with this little project and will probably make more.  I especially liked picking coordinating fabrics and am in love with the ones I ended up picking.   


The finished product measured about 3.25 x 5 inches.  I put wallet sized photos of her adorable niece inside. 


I think it would also make a great gift card holder.  It's perfect for IDs, credit cards, coins, feminine products, etc.  It was such an fun and easy project and I am so pleased with how it turned out.

8 comments:

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

very cute!! I love this! You should put a tutorial on here!

Erin Masi said...

That is super cute! Teach us how to make it!!

Annie said...

My birthday is in June.... :)
So cute!!

Linda said...

What a great job- it's very cute!

Unknown said...

Tutorial please!! So cute!

Ashley Mathes said...

Tutorial please! So cute!

Ashley Mathes said...

Tutorial please! so cute!!!

Lori said...

Saw this on CraftGawker. I love those fabrics. Where did you buy them?

Also, I agree with the other people commenting: I'd love to see a tutorial!