Friday, October 22, 2010

500 Days of Refinement

Have you ever heard of "101 things in 1001 days?"  I'm not really sure where it came from, but I first heard about it a while back from one of my dear clients.  Basically, you just make a list of 101 things you want to accomplish in the next 1001 days.  When she told me, I thought it sounded fun, so I started making a list.  However, coming up with 101 things was just too many and 1001 days was just way too far out for me.  I wasn't motivated to really do anything because the deadline was more than 2 and a half years away.  Therefore, I have come up with my own plan.

500 Days of Refinement

I have made a list of 50 things I want to accomplish in the next 500 days.  This just seems way more doable to me.  Today is my official start day and that will have me end on my birthday in 2012.  Basically, my list includes projects, health things, spiritual things, books to read, and then just fun and random things.  Some tasks are large and will take a lot of time, while others will be very easy to accomplish.  But all of them are"refining," at least to me.  I think they will help me to utilize and refine my talents as well as help me be a better wife and mother.   I will share some of my experiences with you as I complete them.

My husband helped me prepare my list in a fun way that I will print out and hang up (below).   I think it is a lot of fun.  Thank goodness for a husband who has mad computer skills.

   

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a great idea. I used to be really on the ball with goal-setting, but I've kind of let it slip. This is a fun way to do it.