Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sprucing up the bathroom


This is a picture from our "guest bathroom." We got this shower curtain (right of photo) for the bathroom but had nothing else in there. So I decided it needed something (preferably something cheap). I got the idea from my sister-in-law, Hayley. She made something like this for her room, only I made my individual squares smaller and did a completely different color scheme/style. All this wall arrangement requires are nine 6X6 inch squares of styrofoam, your choice of scrapbook paper, and ribbon to go around the outside edge. We were stoked when we found the dot paper that practically looks exactly like our shower curtain. This was a very fun project that would be fun to do in a child's room, or even in a living/family room. It definitely made our bathroom a little more friendly.

7 comments:

Annie said...

Very cute!!!!Turned out great! I still can't believe you have a "guest" bathroom!! You need some guests! (So there is a chance we could be coming this springish.....I'll talk to you about it later.)

Alli said...

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this blog? Love the title, love the posts, LOVE the quote, love you!!

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

I really like this. I was wondering how you put the paper on the Styrofoam decoupage,glue? Just wondering. ps. I really like this blog too. you have GREAT ideas.

Katherine said...

Thanks, everyone. I used good old Elmer's craft glue... use popsicle sticks or something like that to spread the glue over the entire square. Also, place a heavy book over the square once you finish gluing the paper on. This prevents the styrofoam from bowing. Hope this advice helps!

Sarah said...

Hey I am going to have to try this in the girls bathroom but, maybe I can get my cute Niece-in Law to show me how!

Tricia said...

So I know this is WAY after you posted this, but I am wanting to try this! How did you hang the squares on the wall? And did you also use Elmer's glue on the ribbon? Thanks! We miss you guys!

Katherine said...

Tricia,
I used 3M velcro strips to hang them. They are really light and have stayed up just fine for 2 years. And yes, I glued the ribbon down but I also put a few pins in as well just to make sure it was down securely. Hope that helps!