Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall Things

I love Fall, it is probably my favorite season.  It is a toss up though.  Spring and Summer are great as well.  And since Winter contains Christmas, it is also great.

Anyhow, I do love Fall.  One of my favorite parts about Fall is running.  I ran cross-country in Jr. High and High School and the season for the sport is during Fall.  I have so many fond memories from that time in my life.  Friendship and conversation while canal running, crazy moments on the trips, fun and painful practices, the anxiety associated with meets...  I could go into a lot more detail, but I won't.  But it really was the highlight of my high school years.  And whenever the leaves start to fall and they crunch under my feet as I run, my mind takes me back to those moments.

This past weekend, or maybe the one before, was likely the state meet in Idaho where I grew up.  That means it was seven years ago when my team swept it.  Both our varsity girls and boys teams won.  It was an amazing thing to be part of and the best way to end my senior year of running.

I didn't really mean to go on a tangent about that, but there you go.  What I really wanted to do was show you pictures of these beautiful bushes that are all over our apartment complex.  I love them.  I need to figure out what they are so I can have them one day.



Aren't they gorgeous?  These photos have not been altered in any way.  They accurately portray the true colors.  I love how all the amazing autumn colors are incorporated into a single plant.  And the berries add a great touch.  If you know what kind of bush this is, let me know.  I need to put in on my list of "things I want in my future house."  I don't have an actual list, but if I did, these would for sure go on it.  

No comments: