Thursday, November 18, 2010

Brown Paper Packages

I have been busy this week trying to cross things off my list as I mentioned last post.  Many of the things I won't share with you because they are Christmas presents, so I will probably share them after Christmas.

Here is one thing I have done that isn't a Christmas gift spoiler.  It has to do with Christmas presents, but people will see it before Christmas anyway, so it really doesn't matter that much.  I like to come up with a theme for my gift wrapping at Christmas.  Nothing too fancy or expensive, just something a bit more special than simply wrapping paper.  Here is what I came up with this year.

 
I love plain brown wrapping paper and did this bow to freshen it up a bit.  I got the idea for the flower from here, but changed it a little.


I thought the green rick-rack was a nice change to regular ribbon.  And I think the color scheme is festive without screaming Christmas.


I made the flowers by cutting three circles of descending size.  Then I sprayed them to make them damp.  Crumpled them up in to a little ball.  Un-crumpled them, arranged them, and secured them with a brad.  Let them dry completely.  Very easy.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love the flowers! It gives such a cute personal touch to your gifts.