Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Progress


I've been sewing!  Remember that quilt I told you about?  The one I am determined to do all by myself?  I know, I mentioned it quite a while ago, but I'm finally getting some things done on it.  I actually have the quilt top all sewn together and pressed!  It is definitely not perfect, so don't look too close when I post the finished product.  But I think I did well for my first time.  I have already learned many things I can do better in the future, including using a different foot that is ideal for patching (and that actually came with my machine, I don't have to buy it!).

My next step is basting and quilting.  I have only tied quilts before but for this one I want to machine quilt it.  I've been doing some research because I honestly know just about nothing.  I'm thinking of doing "stitch in the ditch."  I've read that it is good for beginners and since this quilt is bright and has bold patterns, I don't think elaborate quilting is necessary.  I am open to suggestions, though, so feel free to give me any advice you might have!

No comments: