Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Changing the table setting

Eating too large of portion sizes is a common problem for all of us at one time or another.  One fun way to try and combat this is to use smaller plates, bowls, and glasses when eating.  If you put the same amount of food on a large plate and a small plate, you will likely think the amount on the smaller plates looks more satisfying.  Try eating dinner on a salad plate and don't go for seconds.  We often do this at our house.  I also have special ice cream bowls.  They are very cute and small and I really do eat less ice cream because of them. 
Try it for yourself to see if it makes a difference! 

1 comment:

Mike said...

The problem with this idea is that I really like my big square plates. But I guess I like my small square plates too.