Thursday, September 9, 2010

attempting to quilt


I love the idea of quilting.  Picking out fabrics and arranging them into a beautiful design is such a satisfying activity to do.  Those are generally the parts of quilting I'm best at.  I love to look for fabric, cut them up, and arrange them on the floor... and then watch my mom sew it all together. 

Yep, that is how I quilt. 

Recently, I had the urge to start a quilt.  I have my favorite parts done and now it is on to the sewing and my mom is miles and miles away.  I am determined that this quilt will be the first that I sew together all by myself.  Wish me luck!
  

4 comments:

Annie said...

Good luck!!! You can do it!! :)
Also, when you finish that one for Abby----go ahead and make an equally cute one for my baby girl! You have clear until November....... :) Hahahaha!

Emily said...

awesome! post pictures as soon as you have it done!

Linda said...

Your quilt will be great- Have fun with it!

Cool Waters said...

You should come over and we will have a day of sewing! I've already taught two girls how to sew; I love doing it especially with other people!