Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Ideas!

I have been thinking about some ideas on making this blog even more fun for me (and you). With my busy schedule, I tend to put blogging off. I still do craft (although it is not frequent) and make new/old recipes (this is frequent because we have to eat) and I take pictures of them, it is just the posting that gets put off. I have a picture folder with at least ten recipes to blog about just sitting there waiting for their chance in the spotlight.
So I want to come up with ways that will give me somewhat of a deadline, but not a strict deadline. Here are a few ideas I have come up with, but I would love your input on more that would be fun.
  • Meal of the Month: Where I would post an entire meal (main dish and two side dishes) rather than individual recipes. This way I will for sure post one complete meal once a month.
  • Challenge!: Where you suggest a cooking/crafting/whatever challenge for me to complete. Here is an example of a challenge: "I want to make something for a bare wall in my house (cheaper is better)." I could then respond to your challenge with a post like "Sprucing up the bathroom."
  • Gift Idea: Where I would post things I have made and then gave away as gifts.
Please let me know what you think of these ideas and of any other suggestions you have.

4 comments:

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

yes! I like all of those Ideas. I can't choose one so just do all:). I've been trying to think of somethings that I can make for gifts so, I'm down with some ideas from you. You always make the cutest things.

CourtneyFJ said...

I discovered your blog a few weeks ago and have been having so much fun looking at your posts. I'm making your pesto this week (Paul LOVES pesto!) and I'm planning on making the fruit french toast when my in-laws are here in a few weeks.
As far as recommendations...
1. I'd love to see more healthy recipes. Especially if they are tried and true. I subscribe to Healthy Cooking magazine, but some of the recipes have just sacrified too much for taste. I don't care if the dish is only 100 calories and .5 grams of fat- no one likes eating cardboard.
2. An entry on wall decor again would be great- maybe one for a living room.
3. It might be cool if you could put together a work out and share it with us. Maybe you could do several posts with each one focusing on certain muscle groups.

Whatever you posts, I'm sure they'll be great!

Landon said...

I challenge you to an iron chef competition. You shouldn't have any trouble beating me, but who knows, maybe I will surprise you.

Annie said...

I hear Manos can scare up some wicked good MICROWAVEABLE RICE!!!!!!!
GO IRON CHEF!