Saturday, January 29, 2011

Revisting "Old" Music

Ever since I got married I have not been an active participant in the music scene.  I'm not very good at seeking out new music for myself but mostly rely on my brother to tell me about new great stuff I would like.  My brother did move over 2000 miles away from me about the time I got married, so maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe it's because I've been really busy with school, pregnancy, and being a mom.  Regardless, I still feel music just isn't that spectacular right now.  I'm happy to be wrong, though, so if you have amazing suggestions I would love to hear them.

With that said, I just wanted to share a favorite album of mine that I recently listened to and was reminded of how much I like it.  This band no longer exists and were not extremely well known or popular.  But I think they are great and I had a blast when I saw them in concert.

Introducing, Dog Problems, by The Format.


This is The Format's second album.  I recommend both of their albums highly, but I think I would have to pick this one as my favorite.  Some of my favorite songs are "Time Bomb," "Dog Problems," "She Doesn't Get it," and "Oceans."  Really, I like every song on here quite a bit.  If you have never heard of them, check them out.  You'll be glad you did.

*Neither Nate nor Sam paid me to blog about their old band. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

That's it, I'm sending you an email tonight!
-Mike

Steve Kolb said...

how funny! we listened to the format all weekend and i was telling steve about how much fun their concert was! hey you should fwd me the email mike sends to you :)