Tuesday, September 21, 2010

rock-a-bye baby

That is my mama's lovely rocking chair you see.  She rocked me as a baby and now I rock my baby in it.  However, we had to fix it up a bit before I could use it.
This is the back of the chair.  It is a weave called "caning."  The seat was like this as well, but with all the use this chair got, it wore out.  We called around to see if we could have it re-caned, but it was going to be a pretty pricey.  Instead, my dad helped me upholster a new seat so I could use it. 
Isn't it lovely?
In case you didn't get a good look.  My sister made that adorable pillow for me.

Aren't these photos great?  My husband took them.  The light was glowing perfectly through the window, so I asked him to take some photos while I fed the baby.
I love my chair and all of the warm fuzzy feelings I have already acquired by using it for my sweet girl.  I hope to use it as long as I can.

No comments: